GBI Research has released its pharmaceutical report, ＾Emerging Market for Clinical Trials in China - Communication Problems and Unresolved Intellectual Property Issues Restrict Growth￣ that provides key data, information and analysis of the major trends and issues affecting the clinical trial market in China. The report provides a comprehensive insight into the reasons for outsourcing clinical trials to China and the key services provided by the CROs of China. The report provides a detailed analysis of the Chinese market in terms of its size, and major service offerings of the CROs in China. The report also discusses the factors that are driving the clinical trial market in China. The report delves into the key documents required by the investigator and the sponsor before, during and after the conduct of clinical trials. It also provides an insight into the government support initiatives in China to encourage clinical trials. The report also provides key alliances and acquisitions between the western CROs and the local CROs of China, and the key trends emerging out of such partnerships. The report also looks into the major challenges that can restrict the growth of the clinical trials market in China. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in house analysis by GBI Research¨s team of industry experts.
With increasing cost cutting pressures due to decreasing R&D productivity, patent expiries of blockbusters, drying pipelines and stringent regulations of the western governments, the cost of conducting research in the western world is increasing and in turn is putting immense financial pressures on the big pharma companies. On the other hand, China has developed significant capabilities in drug discovery research to match the western standards, while providing substantial cost advantages of up to 50-60%, and is becoming an attractive option to conduct discovery and preclinical stage research. The availability of a huge talent pool and favorable infrastructure support are also two major advantages in China. Although China controls a very small part of the global discovery research, this share is expected to rise in the future as the western pharmaceuticals realize the need to outsource the maximum possible amount of R&D work to the low cost countries. With discovery research occupying close to one-third of the R&D costs, there is a huge opportunity for significant cost savings.
The scope of this report includes -
- The need for outsourcing clinical trials to China.
- Trends in clinical trial registration in China and a comparative analysis of clinical trial registration in BRIC countries.
- Analysis of the key drivers that are fueling the growth of the clinical trial market in China.
- Qualitative analysis of the key infrastructural facilities required for conducting clinical trials in China.
- Analysis of key government regulations in China affecting the clinical trial market.
- Study of nine key CROs in the clinical trial services space and their deals/partnerships with western pharma in the clinical trial space.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Compare the key capabilities of major clinical trial service providers with your requirements and optimize your R&D costs.
- Develop market entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the key drivers and challenges in the Chinese market.
- Develop effective strategies to maximize the advantages in China through the understanding of the regulatory environment and government support.
- Understand the regulatory structure in China and key documents required to register clinical trials in China.